Firefighters came to the aid of two Blountstown teens Monday afternoon when the SUV they were riding in caught on fire.Jessie McDaniel, 17, was behind the wheel of a Mazda Navajo when he turned off SR 20 onto Chipola Road around mid-afternoon. Suddenly, he noticed smoke oozing from the vents apparently coming from the heater. McDaniel pulled over in the parking lot of the oyster bar where he and his passenger, Angel Sapp, 17, got out of the vehicle, popped the hood and began inspecting the problem. Before they knew it, smoke had engulfed the vehicle and a fire was sparked. Firefighters from the Blountstown Fire Department, along with Calhoun County Sheriff’s deputies and an EMS crew, responded to the scene. The blaze was extinguished, but the vehicle was a total loss.Remarkably, a bag of ice in the back of the SUV had failed to melt by the time the fire was put out.